I started blogging and using Instagram in April 2012, so I thought I’d draw together a pictorial review of the year, so from the top (and left to right)…
- The view from a restaurant in Spain, and what a view! We were on holiday in south-east Spain.
- And this allée was near our apartment, and sums up the spirit of the Mediterranean for me.
- This was the first thing I ever crocheted – a button, and actually I ended up crocheting three!
- Cakes feature heavily in my Instagram feed. Here’s one of my first cakes eaten at Number 35, just after it had opened in Dorchester.
- This fabulous Patty’s Plum poppy brightened up my garden.
- I crocheted this birdhouse for a pincushion swap.
- My girls were decked out in red, white and blue for the Jubilee weekend!
- We spent a week in the Dordogne in France – this house epitomises French style – the shutters… sigh!
- The girls scoffing ice cream after a local summer fête.
- I created some lovelies for a handmade heart swap.
- We went to Wimbledon and saw a Brit (Jonathan Marray) win in the men’s doubles final!!
- I crocheted an apple cosy for the Moo’s teacher.
- The girls took part in All the Bells at the start of the London 2012 Olympics.
- The Olympics brought an AMAZING atmosphere to Weymouth, as we hosted the Olympic and Paralympic sailing events.
- The Team GB sailors joined in the Weymouth carnival parade.
- The Moo and I tried out sailing during the Paralympics.
- And the girls had a go at wheelchair basketball.
- I crocheted Betsy Bunny as a birthday present for the Moo.
- Jenny Wills started The Chain Gang, a fabulous new craft group in Dorchester, and I was delighted to be a founder member!
- I took this amazing picture of Weymouth Bay and it inspired me to ask Blog School friends to take part in #atownlike.
- It was my 40th birthday and I received a fabulous vintage-style Pashley bicycle – pedal-power!
- My felted gingerbread man was featured on the Show & Tell page of Gathered by Mollie Makes.
- I spent a luxurious two nights at the Grand Hotel in Brighton, mooching round the lovely shops in The Lanes.
- This was my absolute favourite dress (and colour) of the year.
So, that’s all for 2012 folks. I hope your year was filled with fabulousness too and that 2013 will be even better!